Holy fuck he looks like something from a horror movie…
Problems with being a male
- Having emotions is seen as weakness
- Admitting weakness is seen as an even greater weakness
- Being called a sexual deviant or a pervert because you were expressing your sexuality
- A girl beating you in any physical competition makes you inferior
- Being superficial makes you a pig but a woman being superficial is fine
- Makeup isn't even an option
- Not living up to the insanely unrealistic ideal of manhood automatically makes you gay
- Being gay is seen as weak
- You can't control the size of your "manhood"
- You can't report sexual assaults because being a male victim is worse than being the rapist
- No male specific support groups or movements
- Unequal parental rights
- Extreme feminists treating you less than human
- Women can blame all men or say they are all the same but if a man blames women they're sexist pigs
- People dismissing your problems automatically because the universe is obviously rigged in your favour in every scenario imaginable
- No one will read this past the title
i compiled some pics of dreamworks female characters who were introduced in the same years as disney female characters- rapunzel, anna, and honey lemon
its up to you to decide which company is more progressive when designing female characters who appear distinct from the company’s last female protagonist, even tho its sorta extremely obvious
This has nothing to do with being progressive, this has everything to do with art style. Disney has a style that people expect and it’s been that way for quite some time. It works because there is a single training process—now if you want to argue how it take creativity away from the Disney artist, go ahead. From a business standpoint this is smart.
As for Dreamworks, their animation department was founded on sticking it to Disney. This is why things are artistically diverse on their part, they don’t want to be Disney and how to you avoid that? From the start you don’t fall into a single style, you show that not only are your movies different but you can work with different art styles as well.
So it’s really art and business, not who is more progressive in representing the female sex.
Who the fuck is Honey Lemon? I guess I Google that.